Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Time for Some Fish Dishes

I’m not close to an ocean or a sea.  But I like the rest of you, need to be having more fish in my diet.

The trouble is I’ve never been a big one on fish.  Now seafood is another discussion.  I’ve pretty much limited myself to Walleye and Trout for fresh water fish.  When it comes to the ocean, there are a few more in the variety.  I like cod, haddock, halibut, snapper and tuna.  I may be a little unusual in that I don’t like salmon.  I can eat it but would never order it.

That’s not to say I won’t try more species.  A lot of it comes from not having resources for fresh.  And I’d rather have shrimp, crab, lobster or other seafood if I can’t get it fresh.

Now that’s my problem and I need to work on it and will.

This week I have “Herb-Crusted Cod” on Wednesday for you to try.  Then something a little different in “Halibut with Artichoke and Olive Caponata” on Thursday.

Give these a try and then look for more options in putting fish in your diet.  “Happy Cooking” until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment