Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Comments & Updates

The groundhog saw his shadow and we got snow in Northwest Missouri.  But not as bad as Colorado and Nebraska, thank God.  With 6 more weeks of winter, remember soups and comfort foods help keep you warm and comfy.

I heard back from a blog reader on "Fran's Bars" which I posted as a recipe in week 36.  I had mentioned that you could change out some flavors and the reader took me up on it.  Lynn (the reader) switched out the yellow cake mix for chocolate cake mix.  She then used peanut-butter chips instead of the chocolate chips.  The result was very successful as she said they tasted like Reese's Peanut-Butter Cups.  They were very rich so she had to limit herself to just one at a time.  She did't mention how long the time between pieces really was-so your guess on how long you should wait.

Thank you for the feedback and please, everyone, continue to give me feedback (good & bad).

I did another KQ2 "Hometown This Morning" show yesterday.  I demonstrated the "Easy Cheesecake" recipe for all you cooks looking for something simple and tasty for your Valentine.  Did it yesterday using cherry pie filling as the topper.  Bob and William loved it!  Here is the link Easy Cheesecake.  I'm having fun doing the food segments on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month.  Next show is February 20th and it airs between 6:45 and 7:00 AM CST on KQ2 in St. Joseph, Missouri.

This week, I'm going to talk about meals for people who don't have the time or patience and a couple of recipes.

Have a great week and hopefully watch the snow melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment