Tuesday, August 30, 2016

A Couple of Apple Recipes as Season Approaches

Apple season comes around every fall here in the USA.  I wrote about it last year (8-18-15) and you can go back to that post if you need some refreshing.

I’m just reminding everyone that the season is upon us, so take advantage of the great varieties of apples offered in your area.

Each section of the country offers slightly different apples with some great names.  You’ll also notice that there is a wide range in the price of these different options.  In the upper Midwest, “Honeycrisp” apples seem to be the most expensive.  They are a product of University of Minnesota research and successful marketing.  But for many they are well worth the coin.

My favorite to grab for a great snack is the “Pink Lady” and I try to one a day.  You know the old wives’ tale, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away,” well that’s what I’m hoping.

Apples are a flexible ingredient for a variety of dishes.  I know many think of them for dessert recipes when first mentioned.  However, apples work well in entrées, salads and side dishes too.

Wednesday’s recipe is for use in an entrée.  “Pork Chops with Apple Balsamic Rice” is delicious.  On Thursday, I have to give you a classic.  After apple pie, good old “Apple Crisp” has to be second on your dessert list for apples.

So enjoy trying these or other apple recipes this season.  I have several more in the different “Recipe Tabs” above if you’re interested.  “Happy Cooking” until next week and please be sure to share the link.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment