Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Dessert Bars for the Fall

I might not be the norm, but when fall starts to arrive I'm looking for dessert bars.  I think it started in my childhood.  My mother baked all day on Wednesdays and Saturdays.  She made a lot of cookies as there were 11 children in the house.  But my memory says with the start of school in September, she was too busy to be making cookies and would make many of them into bars.

One of my favorites was her "Blonde Brownies" which was just chocolate chip cookie dough spread out in the same pans she used for cookies.  I'm not sure what it was but they gave a different taste or feel from the usual cookie.

The fun thing about the blonde brownies was you could change out the chocolate chips.  Other flavored chips like butterscotch and white chocolate along with M&M's gave you a totally different tasting bar to eat.  Today there are many more flavors to try.  If you have never tried this before, be sure to take the time and check it out.

This week I have two recipes for you to try.  Tomorrow's is "Lemon-Lime Bars" and they have just the right bite to them.  On Thursday, try the "S'mores Bars" and continue that summer taste into the fall.

If you go to the "Desserts & Baking Recipes" tab above, you will find other bars to try if you haven't already done so when they were originally posted.

If you have a recipe for a good bar, please let me know.  I'd be happy to try it and post it on a future blog post.

Thanks for your support of my food blog and please pass on to family and friends.  "Happy Cooking" until next week and remember you have over 400 recipes on "Cabana Boy Cooks" to help you for any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment