Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Another TV Segment & Book Signing.

March is off to a great start as the high temperature today is going to be somewhere in the 70's.  Please continue with the above average weather.

I was on KQ2 again yesterday morning.  I showed how to make a simple bread recipe.  It was "Irish Soda Bread" and just in time for you to make it for St. Patrick's Day.  The recipe was on this blog last Friday.  As soon as  the video is put on their website, I'll put the link on the blog.

I have a big day coming on St. Patrick's Saturday.  I'll be doing a book signing in Clarinda, Iowa at the "Garrison Coffee House" on 16th St.  That's right on the downtown square.  The signing will be from noon to 2:00 PM.  Please stop by and say hello.  You can check out my GREEN socks.  My daughter will be there and she just hates those socks.  This will be the 27th year for them.

The blogs this week are going to talk about deep frying food and safety too.  It's very important to pay attention to what you're doing when working with very hot grease.  Burns are no fun.

The recipe this week comes from our trip to Mexico.  The 8 of us eat lunch one day at the "Shrimp Factory" in Cabo San Lucas.  We had the "Coconut Shrimp" as recommended by someone flying next to my cousin on the flight down.  He said it was the best he ever had in his life.  I'm trying to recreate it and believe it came out quite good.  At least that's my wife's take on it.  The recipe will be on Friday.

Don't forget to "Spring Forward" this Saturday night as you go to bed.  Daylight Savings Time starts and the evening will be lighter longer.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment