Tuesday, January 24, 2012

We have a Guest Chef this Week

We have a second "Guest Chef" with us this week.  Tuesday I'll give you a little background on my friend.  On Wednesday the "Guest Chef" will talk about working with fish and seafood.  Of course, on Friday, the "Guest Chef" will give us a recipe for "Pecan Crusted Catfish."  I'll give you more about the "Guest Chef" tomorrow.

Last week my wife and I, along with six others, went to Cabo San Lucas.  I picked up some great ideas for food and worked with a chef at our resort.  I am trying to get him to be my "Guest Chef" in late April so we can have some ideas for "Cinco de Mayo" parties.  He gave me a few recipes and they will appear in this blog over the next few months.

I had a neat experience while there one night.  I was able to watch a lady roll cigars.  She can roll around 75 cigars a day and does a beautiful job.  I had a great conversation with the General Director of "The Castle Cigars", Daniel Alonso Rodriquez.  The seeds of the tobacco plants were from Cuba but are grown in Mexico.  This makes for a great cigar.  You can check it out at Castle Cigars.

This first week back is going to be busy.  I have an interview on Thursday (26th) morning between 8:00 and 8:30 AM on the radio.  The station is "Classic Hits 100.1 KKWK.  If you can pick it up, I hope you listen in.

Then on Saturday (28th) I have a book signing from 1:00 to 3:00 PM at Hastings Bookstore in St. Joseph, Missouri.  Please stop by if you get a chance and say "Hi."  I'm not sure yet just what I'll be sampling that day.  I'll be stopping in to see them today and go over the setup and make sure it is alright to sample a little food in the store.

Have a great week and please tell a friend about this food blog.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment