Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My New Newspaper Column

I have some good news for those that follow the blog.  I start writing a monthly column this week in the "Nodaway News Leader."  It will be under the heading of "Cabana Boy Cooks" and will deal with the basics for new and inexperienced cooks.  It will, hopefully, also help those experienced cooks as little reminders.

There will be a recipe with the column each time it comes out.  The recipe may come from the cookbook but there will not be any from the "Cabana Boy Cooks" blog.  Actually, I will probably do every other one from the cookbook "More Than Your First Cookbook."  The other recipes will be ones I have not published anywhere before the column.

This week's issue will be out Thursday on the shelf and Friday if you get it by mail.  I'm not sure if it will come out the same week each month.  I will mention when it will come out in the Tuesday blog of that week.

Again, because I'm just getting started with this new project, I don't know if you will be able to get the article on-line at the paper's website or not.  However, I  will put the website link in this blog today and again each Tuesday that I remind everyone of a new article coming out.

I hope you will have an opportunity to read the articles and, as always, please give me feedback on them, this blog and the cookbook.  Thank you.

The link:  Nodaway News Leader

Last Saturday I did a book signings at Hazel's Gourmet Coffee and met some wonderful people.  I served samples of the "Creamed Scones" recipe from the cookbook.  Everyone loved them and couldn't believe how easy they are to make.  I just made the regular ones but you can dress them up by adding chocolate, fruit and/or nuts.  Remember to give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment