Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday's Update

While I'm on the road today, I prepared today's blog a few days back.  I have cookbooks in hand and selling some in several towns along our trip.  I continue to get good reviews, comments and compliments on some recipes.  Please keep passing on the remarks (good & bad) so I can see where I need to take the blog as we continue.

Tomorrow I will try and walk you through the cutting up of a fresh pineapple.  The key here is to have a sharp knife and a good sized one at that.

The two recipes that will be on the blog this week are not mine.  They are recipes that I have tried and really like from family and friends.  So I thought I should share them with you.

Because I have received several questions on "What do I do with all my cucumbers?" the recipes on Thursday and Friday deal with cucumbers.  If you like pickles, the Thursday recipe is for an easy recipe that takes no cooking but does need to be refrigerated.  I guess that's why they are called "Refrigerator Pickles" on the recipe.

Friday we have a recipe for a cucumber salad that is delicious and even freezes well for when you're overrun with cucumbers.

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day Weekend.  Next big holiday for food is Thanksgiving.  I'm sure it will be here before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment