Tuesday, September 27, 2011

This Week's Blog

I have been working with several people on setting up some events with the cookbook.  There are no events finalized yet but several that are very close.  I will let you know when I post any of them on my new website.  I'm hoping the website will be done by the middle of October.  It will be announced on this blog as soon as it is all done.

There will be two recipes this week.  I have been getting requests for some desserts or sweet items from quite a few blog readers.  For those of you with a copy of the cookbook already, you know I mention in it that I'm not a baker.  So the two recipes are not mine but a friend's, Joyce Lee.  I can a test to the fact that they are both very delicious.  One is a little more WeightWatchers friendly but both are alright in moderation so enjoy.

Now I know how to bake or make desserts and other sweets, I just don't do it very often.  These items take a little more discipline than cooking.  In the cookbook, I mentioned that I usually don't measure ingredients.  I just kind of estimate the amount.  Baking is a much more exact science and if you don't follow measurements, you usually have a disaster in the kitchen.

Tomorrow I'm going to talk about non-stick baking mats.  Where to find them, how to use them, what to use them for and how to care for them.

The two recipes I mentioned are a Mandarin Orange Cake and Caramel Pecan Dream Bars.  I know Paula Deen would want to be trying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment