Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday Update

I'm not sure what happened but SUMMER IS OVER.  The K-12 schools have already had a partial week of school.  A week from today is the first day of classes at the university here in town.

I've been so busy, in retirement, getting the cookbook done and available for purchase, canning salsa and pickles, helping get a raffle going for a scooter to help Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nodaway County and blogging.  Summer just passed me by.

Comments and reviews on the cookbook have been coming in and people are quite pleased.  Me too.  I've even signed a few cookbooks already.  Speaking of that, anyone wanting their cookbook signed, just let me know and I'll be happy to do it.

I've also got some cookbooks coming to me.  So if someone needs an extra copy or forgot to order it on time for a particular event (like birthday), you can get one from me.  Just let me know.

Tomorrow I will try and cover salt and salt substitutes in regard to cooking.  Thursday I'll talk about another piece of equipment, the mandolin.  It is something that will make prep work a little easier.

The recipe this Friday is for Pulled Pork.  If you have been following this blog for long, you know I don't have a smoker.  This puller pork is done in the oven using a dry rub.  It comes out moist and falling apart.  Just thought with summer ending and Labor Day weekend coming quick, pulled pork sounded like a great way to start the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment