Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Cookbook Update

Received word from my "Layout Editor" that the final proof is in the mail to me.  I should have it in hand any day now.  This is exciting but it makes me nervous too.  I have to go through the cookbook, cover to cover, and find any mistakes that remain.

I have talked to other authors about this process.  They all told me how gremlins get in there and screw something up.  Looks like fun times are a head for me.

Since I'm so close to the project, I will seek a couple of other people to help edit the final proof.

I have 30 days to get it all done and returned to the publisher.  Then we start the marketing piece to get the cookbook out there.  Wish me luck.

This week we are going to talk a little about casseroles.  We will cover both the recipes called casseroles and the cookware that are named casseroles.  It is interesting how we refer to Lasagna as a casserole dish (food) and it is made in a casserole dish (cookware)

Speaking of Lasagna, the recipe this week is for "White Chicken Lasagna."  It is made with white chicken and a white sauce.  It is an excellent dish in my opinion and goes well with the garlic bread from two weeks ago.  Please let me know how it works for you.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get my copy of your cookbook! Good luck with the next step in the process!

    ReplyDelete