Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Another Update on the Cookbook

My wife and I recently went on a trip to Seattle.  We were fortunate to have non-stop flights.  I personally like to read westerns and took a book by Louis L'Amour.  He and Zane Grey are/were probably the two best writers of western stories.  Both are deceased but their stories continue.  At least that is my opinion.

While reading the book, I came across an error.  In one paragraph, the main hero and villain were referred to with the same first name.  The first name was really that of the villain.  There was a mistake in a Louis L'Amour book.  I was shocked and relieved all at the same time.

I have been going through my final proof of the cookbook and worrying that I might miss something, a mistake.  I've been losing hair or it is turning grayer, at least in my mind, over this thought of a mistake in the cookbook.

I'm doing my best to make sure there are no mistakes in the cookbook.  I owe that to those who will buy the cookbook, my publisher and myself.  However, after this discovery in the Louis L'Amour book I now know the world will not end.  At least not until the Mayan end of the world prediction for next year.  Especially since we all missed the one last month by the guy in California.

With this knowledge, my hair has started to grow back and even darken a little.  As I stated before, I'm doing my best to get it right.  But if I screw up and miss something, at least I'll be in good company with Louis L'Amour and his publisher.

My goal is to have the editing of the final proof done by this weekend.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment