Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Recipes from My Colorado Trip

I made a trip to Colorado a couple of weeks ago to see family.  I came away with several new recipes from different meals we had during my stay.  This week I’m sharing a couple of those recipes with you.

The two this week are “Cottage Cheese Spread” and “Basmati Rice with Coconut Milk” and there will be a few others in the future.

I have never been a big fan of cottage cheese, at least not just straight.  It works for me in lasagna and other dishes where you may be trying to save a little money or can’t get the correct ingredient needed.  I think cottage cheese makes for a good substitute.

But I’ve always stated and followed my advice I used in raising my children.  You always need to take a bite of something, even if you don’t think you like it.  Your tastes change over your life.  So when presented with this cottage cheese pre-meal dish, I tried it.  Surprise, I couldn’t stop eating it.  No one I’ve been with on 3 different occasions can either.

The other side dish is from a meal my son made for us.  It’s the rice he served with his “Chicken Curry” and that recipe will be coming in the next several weeks.

But the rice was superb all on its own.  It was very creamy and much more flavorful than just using water and even chicken stock.  I do recommend you give this one a try.

That’s all for this week.  So “Happy cooking” until next week and please share the link to my food blog with others.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment