Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Part 14 Mexican (Sauces) Cuisine

When you think of Mexican foods, salsas come to mind and not sauces.  However, both are quite popular and needed in Mexican cuisine.  Salsas are normally chunky and the sauces are more pureed.

The salsas are used to accompany a dish or ingredient.  They may be served on top or beside an entrée to give additional flavor to the dish.  But the most used way is as a dip with corn or flour fried chips.

Sauces on the other hand are usually a part of the dish.  The first one that comes to mind is "Enchilada" sauce.  But they are used in many other dishes too.  A couple examples of these other sauces are "Chipotle Sauce" and "Pumpkin Seed Sauce."

This week I give you two sauces that work well for enchiladas and other entrées.  Tomorrow's recipe is for "Guajillo Chili Sauce" that uses 2 different dried chiles.  On Thursday it is "Green Sauce for Enchiladas" using tomatillos.

Something you will notice about Mexican sauces is that they do not use oil or sugar.  They rely on the flavors of raw fresh fruits and vegetables to achieve complex tastes for your palate.  So be sure to try some different sauces from Mexican cuisine.

I will be ending my series on "Mexican Cuisine" with this week's posts.  I know I have not covered everything there is to know about Mexican food.  So if there are some questions you would still like to have answered, please let me know.  I will do my best at addressing them.  Thank you.

"Happy Cooking" until next week.  As always, please share my food blog with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment