Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Father's Day Coming Up Sunday

The first thing I'd like to tell everyone is I have another book signing coming up.  It is Saturday, June 22nd, at "County Seat Coffeehouse" in Mantorville, Minnesota.  The address is 1 5th W Street and I'll be there between 1:00 and 3:00 PM.  If you, family and/or friends are in the area, please stop in and see me.  Mantorville is just a little west of Rochester in case you're not familiar with the area.  Also help spread the word for me.  Thanks.

This Sunday is "Father's Day" in the USA.  I'm not sure if any other country celebrates this day.  If anyone (some of you blog followers from other countries) could let me know please.  I'd appreciate the knowledge.

As best that I can remember, my dad always told me that "If you didn't learn something new today, it was a wasted day."  My father passed away when I was just 19 years old.  I've always attributed that to him and tried to live my life by it too.  I don't remember too many days that I didn't learn something.  That probably came from my mother.  She has always been inquisitive about anything and everything.

Friends and former fellow workers would always ask me little known questions.  Most the time I had the answers.  I've was teased about knowing all these obscure bits of knowledge.  But I enjoy learning, just never liked it when I was in school.

I think I did a pretty good job as a dad.  I seemed to have had more than just my own look at me as a father figure.  I enjoyed that too.  Now I'm working on being a good grandfather.  Hopefully my blog assistant (granddaughter) will think so too as she grows.

Well enough about me and Father's Day.  Many a dad likes his protein so this week I have 2 recipes that should be a hit for them.  The first is "Marinated Flank Steak" and you might be surprised that the marinade uses white wine instead of red.  The second one is for "Tasty Stuffed Pork Chops" and these are baked.  The flank steak is for the grill.  Now if you don't feel comfortable on the grill, I'm sure dad would be more than willing to do the grilling.  Even on his special day.

Now the blog already has quite a few recipes that would be great for Father's Day.  Whether you are looking for an entree, side dish or dessert, just go to the top of the page and click on the recipe section you need.

I want to wish ALL the DADS out there a very "Happy Father's Day" and "Happy Cooking" too.

No comments:

Post a Comment