Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Marinades & Happenings

Yesterday I was on KQ2 television and made "Italian Baked Chicken" from the cookbook.  It went well and as soon as they have the video on their website, I'll put it on my video page of the blog.  Be sure to check on it.

I believe my next column for the Nodaway News Leader comes out this Friday.  I'm doing a two-part series on "Grilling" and some of it comes from the cookbook, some from last year's blog and a little new.  It's a good refresher course if you haven't been grilling since last fall.

I will be in Sioux City, Iowa this Saturday doing a book signing.  I'm at the Hy-Vee store at 4500 Sergeant Rd. (Morningside) by the mall.  The hours of the book signing are 4:00 to 7:00 PM.  If you know anyone in the Sioux City area, please let them know about the event.  Lots of graduations, wedding showers and weddings happening in May and June.

I'm working on some more book signings and other events.  When I have some confirmed, I'll let everyone know.  You can always go to my website www.barrybeacom.tateauthor.com.  Just click on the "Events" page to see what is coming up.

Since grilling season is here, I'll put 4 recipes on the blog this week  Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be marinades to use for beef, chicken and pork.  I'm going to have the 4th recipe come out on Saturday.  It uses the  marinade recipe from Friday to make "Al Pastor Pork Tacos."  They are very tasty so please try them.

Before I sign off today, "Happy Mother's Day" to all the mothers following my blog.  I hope you have a wonderful day.  Also, a special "Happy Mother's Day" to my mother, my wife and daughter (soon to deliver her first this month).

Have a great week and cook a little something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment