Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Updating what's going on in my cookbook world

It was a busy weekend for me.  I did two book signings in Sioux City, Iowa.  One was on Friday at the Hy_Vee on Hamilton Blvd. and there was a lot of traffic.  Passed out a lot of business cards with my website and blog site addresses.  I had good interest and did about what I figured.  On Saturday I had fun as it snowed all day and the crowd of shoppers was down.  I did well under the circumstances as I signed the same number of books as the day before.

I had to drive back home on Sunday to get ready for the "Hometown This Morning" show on KQ2 early Monday morning.  That means getting up at 4:30 a.m. and driving 90 miles round trip in the dark now that winter is here.

Did I mention that I had to do my first snow shoveling on Saturday at my mother's house?  Thank God there is NO snow in Maryville.  I can wait for Christmas Eve to see just a little of the white stuff.  Back to the show.

I made the Garlic Bread recipe from this blog on the show.  It most have been a big hit because it didn't last very long.  They are supposed to put the clip on the recipe at KQ2's website.  It is not there the last I looked but I'll make sure to put the link on the blog when it comes up.

For anyone in the North Kansas City area, I'm doing a book signing this Saturday (10th) at the Hy-Vee just off of Barry Rd. from 11:00 to 2:00 p.m.  The store is just a few blocks east of I-29 and Barry Rd. interchange and is on the south side of the street.

I also have a good and/or bad problem in regards to the cookbook.  Barnes & Noble and the Family Christian Bookstore are both out of my cookbook at the moment.  This is their websites for ordering that are out and it is because their supplier ran out.  They have more on the way but I don't know how long it will be  before they have them back in stock.  Amazon still has some but are down to 5 copies according to their site on Monday.  Remember you can always order them through the blog here.  Just click on the link up above this blog.

I hope everyone saw the new piece above on the right about remembering this cookbook for gifts.  It really does make a great Christmas, Wedding, Graduation and Birthday gift.  Several of the books signed in Sioux City were going for those very reasons.  In fact, one friend told me she is going to use the cookbook as her go-to gift for all the weddings she goes to each year.

I don't know if any of you have been watching ABC Nightly News, but they have been doing some stories on "Buy American" recently.  They say if everyone would spend just $64 on American made products for the holidays, it would create 200,000 new jobs.  I'm doing my part in two ways.  First, I'm looking for and buying American goods.  Second, I'm an American author with an American publisher printing my cookbook in America.  So people who buy my cookbook are helping create more jobs in America.  Thank you!

This week, we are going to talk about pasta, sauces and then on Friday I will have my recipe for Alfredo Sauce.  Please have a good week and get in the kitchen and cook something (a favorite or something new).  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment