Tuesday, December 20, 2011

More of My Cookbook World

Yesterday morning was my 4th show on KQ2.  I'm learning more about "Live" television each show.

For those of you that don't know, the show is done in two segments.  We'll do about 3 1/2 minutes in which we explain the dish we're making and what you need to do and then the show goes to a commercial break.  After the break, we're back on for about 1 1/2 minutes and Luana and William sample the dish.  They tell everyone how much they like the dish.  They really have liked all 4 of mine because they continue eating until they're stuffed or it's gone after we are off the air.  Then the show signs off.

The show yesterday didn't quite go like that.  They had tried to show a segment on something earlier in the show and it didn't work.  So they were going to try it again later (my understanding).  I believe they try to show it after our first part of the cooking segment and then were coming back to us for the ending.  I know the segment they ended up showing was not the one they were intending to show.  It must have been a little longer then the one they were expecting because we had the second half of our cooking segment cut.  You know sometimes you just run out of time.  Especially on live television.

I still had a good time and will be back on January 2nd.  Not good planning on my part.  Getting up very early the morning after a day full of football bowl games is not going to be fun.  Plus it is the NEW year and everyone will be looking for something HEALTHY to eat.  I guess butter and heavy cream better not be in the recipe that day.

My next book signing is on January 7th in St. Joseph, Missouri at Hazel's Gourmet Coffee Shop at 4001 Frederick Ave. from 1:00 to 3:00 PM.  I'll be sampling the Cream Scones recipe from the cookbook.  Mark your calendars and see you there.

The college football bowl season has already started and New Year's Eve is upon us.  So we're going to talk about party snacks and drinks this week.  They'll be coming on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

A Merry & Happy Holiday Season to everyone.  Eat, Drink & be Merry but also remember moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment