Friday, May 13, 2011

Chicken Burgers on the Grill

I figured that since it is spring and grilling season has started, I better give you a recipe you can use for Memorial Day Weekend as you cook out.  I hope you enjoy it.  Everyone I have served it to has given it a thumbs up.

Chicken Burgers on the Grill
(4 servings)

Ingredients:

1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into small pieces
1 tbsp. Fresh Ginger, minced
4 Green Onions, white parts only thinly sliced
1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1 large Egg, beaten
1/3 to 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1 tsp. Lime Zest, grated and chopped
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper

Directions:

Place chicken, ginger and green onion in a food processor with the blade attachment.  Set the processor on high and using the pulse button, pulse until the mixture is a medium grind.  It won't hurt if it is a little over or under ground.  Place the mixture in a mixing bowl and add all the remaining ingredients and mix by hand.  Divide the mixture into 4 portions and form into patties with your hands.  Place on the patties on a plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.  When ready to cook, place on an outdoor grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side.  Serve with your favorite condiments on buns of your choice.

Note:  I have made this recipe into 8 smaller patties and served them as sliders
           with hamburger slides for everyone to have some variety with smaller
           portions.

Note:  You could use ground chicken or turkey if you don't have a food
           processor.  I just like the courser mix and I know what I'm getting when
           I grind it myself.

Ideas for Future Efforts

___________________________________________________
___________________________________________________
___________________________________________________
___________________________________________________
___________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment