Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A Couple of Butternut Squash Soup Recipes

This week is about “Butternut Squash” and using it in soup recipes.

Butternut squash is one of my favorite squashes to eat.  It is a very versatile ingredient, as it can be the lead ingredient in a recipe or just a supporting member of many a dish.

In finding this week’s recipes, I learned something new and much safer.

I’ve always cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise and removed the seeds before baking it.  I have to say that as dense as this squash is, anyone cutting a raw one is lucky not to have cut themselves.

By roasting the squash whole, you avoid any chance of an accident with your knife.  So I encourage you to give it a try next time you need to bake a butternut squash.

Wednesday’s recipe is for “Spiced Apple Butternut Squash Soup” and it uses the technique I just mentioned above.

“Roasted Butternut Squash and Bacon Soup” comes to you on Thursday.  I don’t know too many things that bacon can’t improve, so give this one a try.

I hope everyone had a great holiday season and are ready for 2017, as we’re already in it.  Well, “Happy Cooking” until next week.  I’ll have some “Gluten-Free” recipes next week for you.  So let anyone who needs gluten-free know.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment