Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I Know It's Spring, But I Love Pasta


I know that spring is here and we should start eating lighter springy foods.  However, I believe some foods are just made to be eaten year-round.  Pasta is one of them.

The same as when everyone believes they are Irish on St. Patrick’s Day.  I believe everyone thinks they are Italian because of their love for pizza and pasta dishes.  We won’t talk pizza because that’s a given.

I think everyone has their favorite pasta dish, although they would and do eat many other offerings of this Italian cuisine.  For many it’s a particular type of pasta with their favorite sauce or an Italian casserole like lasagna or manicotti perhaps.

This week I have two recipes that may not be on your usual list, but they are Italian classics.  On Wednesday, try the “Spaghetti Carbonara” to please your taste-buds.  Thursday, its “Bolognese and Pasta” for your dinner.

You might want to add a little garlic bread to the meal.  I have a great recipe under the “Odds ‘N Ends” recipe tab above.  Or maybe try the “Spanish Garlic Bread” from last week.

For those that need to be “Gluten-Free” just use your favorite GF pasta in these dishes.  Also, look to next week’s posts for a couple of Italian classics mentioned above that are GF.

“Happy Cooking” until next week and please share the link to “Cabana Boy Cooks” with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment