Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Up coming Book Signings & Television Events

First Book Signing Event
The cookbook was released last Tuesday (25th) and I had my first book signing on Friday (28th).  It went very well as I signed around 21 cookbooks and had some great conversations with a number of shoppers.  I sampled a recipe from the cookbook, Nadine's Corn & Black Bean Salsa.  I kept it mild for the masses and everyone really enjoyed it.  Here's a photo of the set up I had at the Hy-Vee store in Maryville, Missouri.  I was a little nervous before we got started but that passed and a good time by all followed.

I have several more up coming Book Signings & Television Events coming in the next few weeks.  It starts this week with an Etiquette Dinner on Thursday (3rd) evening on the campus of Northwest Missouri State University.  I'm speaking to an "Honor Society" on basic dinner etiquette.  The usual dos and don'ts that bring unwanted attention to you at the table.  I've have spoke to this group several times on this subject.  I do believe they like my presentation on etiquette because they keep asking me back.  That makes me feel good.

The scary event for me will be on Monday, November 7th at 6:30 AM.  I will be appearing on KQ2 television's Hometown This Morning Show.  I will be doing a food segment and this will be my first time doing something like this on TV.  Wish me luck and if you see it, please give me some feedback.  Thank you.

On that Friday (11th) I'll be doing a book signing on the campus of Northwest Missouri State University by the Bookstore in the Jones Student Union.  That book signing will run from 11:00 to 1:00 PM.

Just a quick tidbit about that Friday.  It is 11-11-11 that day and that makes it Corduroy Appreciation Day.  They celebrate the elevens because they think it looks like corduroy.  However, the big event that day is my wife's birthday and no she is not 11 on 11-11-11.  But we will be wearing corduroy that day while we enjoy her birthday.

Then on Saturday (12th) I'm back in St Joseph, MO from 9:00 to 11:00 AM for a book signing at the Hy-Vee Store on the Belt Hwy.

There will be more events coming and besides getting listed here, I'll have them on my website too at www.barrybeacom.tateauthor.com.  So occasionally check out the website.  Thanks.

This week on the blog, we'll have WeightWatcher points for entrees Wednesday.  On Thursday I'll talk a little about my nephew, Colin.  He is spending the school year in Spain and has sent me several recipes he has come across in his journey.  One of those recipes will appear on Friday.  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment