Tuesday, November 22, 2011

New Events & Activities

It's Thanksgiving week and I'm sure everyone is going crazy getting ready.  Take a deep breath and just take it one item at a time.  You'll get done and be able to enjoy all the commotion (family & friends).

I've been busy and now have my cookbook in a few more locations.  It is available at 3 Hy-Vee stores now (Maryville, MO; St. Joseph, MO; and Kansas City, MO-just off Barry Rd.), the Bearcat Bookstore on the campus of Northwest Missouri State University and at the Nodaway News Leader office in Maryville, MO.

There will be some more locations coming and book signings too.  I'm in Sioux City, IA on Friday (Dec. 2) and Saturday (Dec. 3) for signings at 2 Hy-Vee stores.  Then I'm in Kansas City (just off Barry Rd.) at another Hy-Vee on Saturday, December 10th.  The last one that is set as of now is January 7th in St. Joseph, MO at Hazel's Gourmet Coffee & Tea Co.  More about these as they get closer.

I did my second TV cooking segment yesterday for KQ2 in St. Joseph, MO.  I made the Spicy Creamed Corn from this blog.  It was a big hit and the link to watch it is below.  They do the segment in two pieces with commercials in between.  The link only has the first part but it gives you an idea of how easy a recipe it is to make. Here is the link KQ2

I will be doing 3 recipes this week for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  They will all have to do with leftover turkey; My Favorite Turkey Sandwich, Turkey Carcass Soup and Turkey Tetrazzini.  Enjoy and "Happy Thanksgiving" from "Cabana Boy Cooks."

No comments:

Post a Comment