Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Events: Past and Future ones

It's been a very busy week.  I was nervous last Monday (7th) as I did my first cooking segment on KQ2's "Hometown this Morning" show.  They liked it well enough to schedule me for some more shows.  I'll be appearing on the "Hometown this Morning" show the first and third Mondays of the Month.

That means this coming Monday (21st) is my next show.  That will be followed by December 5th and 19th.  I'll remind you of other shows as they draw near.  I will tell you that ALL upcoming events are listed on my website, Barry Beacom, under the "Events" tab.

I also had two book signings this past Friday and Saturday.  I sampled out some food and signed some books.  The best part was being able to have some conversations with people that like to cook and/or want to cook.  Have to say I'm having fun and trying to spread the news that cooking is fun and not that difficult.

There are three more book signings set and a fourth one that needs a date confirmed.  The first two signings are in Sioux City, Iowa.  The Hy-Vee store on Hamilton Blvd. on Friday, December 2nd from 4:00 to 7:00 PM is first.  Then the next day (3rd) I'll be at the Hy-Vee on Sergeant Rd. by the mall from 3:00 to 6:00 PM. Please stop by if you are in the Sioux City area that weekend.

The third book signing is on January 7th in St. Joseph, Missouri at Hazel's Gourmet Coffee & Tea Co..  It will be from 1:00 to 3:00 PM.  Be sure to stop in and try the food I will be sampling that day and one of their drinks too.

The rest of this week will be about a "Thanksgiving Dinner" to help someone facing their first time of preparing  one for family and/or friends.  I hope it will help as we just do some basic holiday cooking.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment