Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cookbook Released Today

Today is a very exciting day for me.  I am officially a published author and I'm sure the nuns from grade school are rolling over in their graves.  English and writing were not my strong suits with them.  Thank God it got better as I continued my education.

It really is amazing when something you set out to do is accomplished.  I'm sure there were many people that, when I told them I wanted to write and publish a cookbook, thought "oh sure."  Some told me they figured it was a 5 to 10 year project to keep me busy in retirement.

The fact that I put a timetable to it from the beginning (when I didn't know what I was doing or how big the project would really be) and kept close to it made me feel good.  I really had no clue what I was getting myself into with this retirement dream.

Fortunately, I come from a family (and a mother who still is at 94) that has always been curious and ask a lot of questions.  I've had a great time learning a whole lot of new things about myself and what I've been pursuing.

I want to truly thank everyone that has had anything to do with this project.  Without your support and encouragement, I would have never been able to get this far.  I really do mean "Thank You" and it makes me feel wonderful knowing that so many people care.

I have started listing all my events that evolve around the cookbook on my website, barrybeacom.tateauthor.com.  So please check them out and if you're available to make one, please do so.

This week on the blog, I will list the WeightWatcher points for the Sandwiches chapter of the cookbook.  On Thursday, I will talk about the fact that we have had two Basil Pesto recipes in a row and why they are different.  This week's recipe on Friday is "Black Beans & Rice."  A hearty dish for the fall.  Have a great week and a big "Thanks" to Cody Lewis for contribution to the blog last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment