Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday Update

Last Tuesday I shipped off that "Final Proof" for the cookbook.  This week I should be hearing from the marketing team to start putting together the plan to move (sell) the cookbook.  We're in totally new territory again but I'm looking forward to it.  It is really getting exciting now as we approach the release date for the cookbook.

So what am I doing now?  I'm putting together a list of all the colleges in a 250 to 300 mile radius of Maryville, Missouri.  We are interested in setting up book signings with the Bookstores at each college.  Hopefully this will just be the start of connecting with colleges throughout the country.

We will also put together a list of Bookstores, Libraries and locations to have more book signings.  If anyone out there has some suggestions, please pass them on to me.

The marketing team and I will be setting up a website too.  Hopefully when the cookbook is released both the website and this blog will have links to buy the cookbook.

Have I mentioned that the cookbook will be in e-book form as well as the traditional print?

This week I'm going to talk a little about fresh garden produce.  Where to find it if you don't have a garden of your own and what you can do with it.  I'm also going to talk about freezers and freezing food.  This week's recipe is Homemade Spaghetti Sauce.  It covers making a marinara sauce and how to make it into a vodka sauce.

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend.  We certainly enjoyed the fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment