Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New & Inexperienced Cooks

I want to remind everyone that the main propose of this food blog is to help new and inexperienced cooks.  If you don't fall into one of those categories, it's alright.  We love having you following the blog too.  In your case, I do ask that you pass on helpful information or the blog's link to people that you feel could be helped by it.  Thank you for, first, your interest and, second, your help, ideas and suggestions.

As I have been writing the blog, it comes to mind that followers are only getting my perspective on cooking, equipment, etc.  In talking to some friends with experience and knowledge, I thought it might be nice to have some other input for the blog.

It is along the line of me mentioning my favorite places to shop Kohl'sFood Network and QVC for your kitchen needs.  I'm just trying to give you different options and perspectives to your shopping and cooking.

So my plan is to have quest "Culinary Trained Chefs" and "Registered Dietitians" contribute to the blog.  I am planning on starting this project in September.  The plan will be to have one of these guests do the last three days of the weekly blog once every other month.  We are not far enough along to set which week of the month they will do.  The week will be the same week each month that we do it so you can make your calendars as a reminder.

Each guest will take a subject and cover it the first 2 days.  They will then share a recipe on that Friday that ties into the topic they discussed on Wednesday and Thursday.  Some of the topics that we will start with are; sauces, cooking fish, healthy eating and portion control.

If there is a particular topic that you would like covered, please click on the comment button at the end of each blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment