Friday, April 29, 2011

Cookbook Update & Immersion blenders

On Wednesday, my design editor and I finalized the cover for my cookbook.  I am very excited and looking forward to next week as we start the layout of the inside.  I hope to post my cookbook cover soon.

Immersion Blender
Yesterday in the recipe for Spicy Black Bean Soup, it mentions an "Immersion Blender".  I'm sure many of you are wondering what is an immersion blender.  It is sometimes called a "Stick Blender" too.  Normally in recipes, it will tell you to puree something that you are making in the blender or food processor in small batches until you have it all done.  It takes time to do this, it can be messy and it can increase the chance for an accident.  Well the immersion blender solves that problem by allowing you to puree the food right in the pot.  You place the immersion blender in the pot and slowly move it around the pot as it operates.  You need to be careful not to raise it up as it is running because that could cause the hot food to explode out of the pot.  It is a great tool to have in your kitchen.  Just make sure you read and follow the operating directions.  I've included a photo of the one I use.  It comes apart to make cleaning much easier.  You can get these at Kohls.com.  I've seen them on QVC, I believe, with "In the Kitchen with David" too.  The "Food Network" website sells them as well.

Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment