Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cookbook Process Update:

First, I'm sorry that this post is a day late.  Unlike the kitchen, I'm a novice when it comes to blog technology.  I had a few learning opportunities as I set up the blogs for this week.  As my learning curve has improved, I should be on time in the future.

For those of you that do not know, I am in the process of publishing a cookbook.  The cookbook is primarily for young people that are just getting out on their own and need help with cooking.  If everything continues on schedule, the cookbook should be out in September.

I have been working with the Design Editor this month on the cover of the cookbook.  We have decided the cookbook will be a "soft" cover book with dimensions of just less than 8 inches high by just less than 9 inches wide.  This size should make the cookbook more user friendly and stay open as it lies on the counter during use.  Later this week I should be receiving several cover proofs to review.  We will then pick the one that will become the cover.  In addition, I'll be having a professional photo taken next week for the back cover.  We should start working with the Layout Editor the first week of May.

I think it would be interesting for many of you to know a little about the book publishing process.  So in next week's blog, I plan to go through the process.  I will go from the idea of writing a book of some kind to getting it out on the market as a book for sale.

The Blog Itself:

I had comments from several readers that I am putting too much out at one time.  The blog is too long for one sitting.  So starting with this week, the blog will be broken up into several days (4 or 5 days).  The new blog will start on Tuesday and continue each day through Friday or Saturday of that week.  I'm just trying to help you set your schedule for viewing the blog.  Please continue to send me your comments so that I can continue to improve the blog and meet your needs.

Enough for today.  Tomorrow we'll discuss ways to get some of the equipment you need to help make your cooking more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment