Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Something Different for Breakfast

I don’t know about you, but I like making “Special Breakfast Dishes” on the weekend or even for dinner.  When a person has a little more time to prepare.

This week I have a couple of dishes that also help out when you have quests.

The first one takes an old standard and makes a casserole out of it.  That’s “Biscuits and Gravy Casserole” for something out of the ordinary.  That way while it’s baking you can make eggs to go with the dish.

Thursday I have a quiche, “Cauliflower and Tomato” to give you something unique and gets some vegetables in you at the same time.  This quiche has flour in it which is not normal.  It makes it kind of between a quiche and cake but I think you will enjoy it.

I mentioned it above and I’ve said it before in the blog, but breakfast at dinner time is something special to most meal consumers.  So if you haven’t tried it before, give it a chance.

Don’t forget that you can always change these recipes by just using your imagination too.  Check out in the recipe notes on both recipes for my suggestion to a change-up.

Also, the quiche calls for a 9½ inch springform pan.  If you don’t have that size, it’s not the end of the world.  Use one that is slightly smaller or larger and just adjust the cooking time.  Remember it’s a clean knife coming out of the center that lets you know it’s done.

“Happy Cooking” and please spread the link to my food blog.  Thank you and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment