Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Some Shrimp Dishes for a Cold Winter Night

I don't know about you but I love fresh shrimp when I can get it.  But it's not always available in everyone's area year-round.  So I use frozen raw shrimp when I need them.

If you do use frozen shrimp, always thaw them in ice water in the refrigerator.  Usually figure 1 day for them to thaw and, of course, use them right away.  Same goes for fresh shrimp.  Keep them in ice water until ready to use and only keep them up to 48 hours.  The sooner you use them the better.

I try to keep it down to once a month, the eating of shrimp.  But I could do it weekly or even more often.  I love shrimp and I've never had a dish I didn't like.  So I thought you might like to have a couple more shrimp recipes to try yourselves.

There are several in the "Recipe Tabs" above for you to look at and try.  But I'm adding 2 more this week.  On Wednesday, try an old favorite, "Shrimp Scampi" which has many different tweaked recipes.  Then on Thursday, I have a "Garlicky Shrimp with Tomatoes & White Wine" for you to try.

Give them a try and if you have a great shrimp recipe, send it to me so I can give it a try.  Thanks for checking out my food blog and please share it with others.  "Happy Cooking" until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment