Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Peanut Butter Specialties for the Holidays

It seems most people like "Peanut Butter" and it works quite well with many other foods.  I'm sure that I am one of the exceptions.  I only like peanut butter on toasted English muffins and as a dip for fresh carrots and celery.  I have never liked PB&J sandwiches or foods with peanut butter in them. Actually I didn't like it with anything.

But over time one's taste buds change and you start liking foods you would never have eaten in the past.  Mine are changing as you can see by the two ways I'll eat peanut butter.  Well I've found a third now.  The Thursday recipe this week is for "Special Peanut Butter Cookies" and I find them alright.  Wouldn't be my first or second choice for a cookie but that's me.  Others I've tried them on thought them quite good.  The way they devoured them, I believe they were telling the truth.

Being the time of year it is, I thought a couple of peanut butter treat recipes would go over well for the holidays.  Both recipes are easy to make and don't take a lot of your time.  Which, at the holiday season, helps out.

Tuesday's recipe is for "Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars" and was given to me by a friend, Carrie.  We help out every so many weeks in providing a meal for people of need.  She brought her bars to one of the Sundays and everyone loved them.  I, of course, did not try them because of my limited desire for peanut butter.  But as they were such a big hit, I needed to pass them on to all who follow my food blog.

Today's comments are short (holiday season & my need for time) but do try both of these terrific peanut butter recipes as you get through the holiday season.  They're good recipes for anytime of the year too.

As we celebrate "Thanksgiving" here in the USA this Thursday, I'm thankful for all of you following my food blog.  I hope you have gotten something out of it.  Even as little as a recipe or idea for something you wanted to try.  Again, "Thank You" for your support.

I'm also very thankful for all my family as I've truly been blessed.  "Happy Cooking" until next week and please share this link with your family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment