Tuesday, December 25, 2012

New Year's Resolutions-Healthy Eating

Well the end of 2012 is approaching quickly.  I thought 2012 was a good year for me and my family.  My wife and I were able to say "Hello" to our first grandchild, Nora.  She is a bundle of joy for everyone and it gave us the opportunity to move to Rochester and be close.  Of course, congrats to our daughter and son-in-law for bringing Nora into the world.

Our eldest child got engaged to a wonderful woman and we're looking forward to the wedding sometime in 2013.  Claudia and I are very excited about that event.

The other two boys are doing fine.  The whole family has good health and everyone is moving forward.  I can't ask for more than that in life.

The blog and cookbook have been going good well.  I'm enjoying this more each week.  I had to give up working with Big Brothers Big Sisters with the move but am now starting to help the Boys and Girls Club in Rochester.  2013 should be a big year for them as construction continues on the new building.

I guess all that leaves is making some "New Year Resolutions" and hopefully keeping them.

Like many I plan to try and lose some weight this year.  I have to look good for the wedding that is coming. Many people make the same resolution.  I know also that most do not achieve it.

This year I will try to put a few more healthy recipes on the blog.  But I believe you can eat most foods, just in moderation.  Of course that is the key part, moderation.  It's much easier said than done.

I think we will have to try just eating smaller portions of what we have been doing, make more healthier choices throughout the year and pick up on the activities to burn a few more calories.

Please let me know if there is something that think will help you in that weight loss.  I'll try and help all of you wanting to lose a little be successful.  So don't give up on "New Year's Resolutions" and "Happy Cooking."

This week's recipes include "Chicken Diane" and "Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Puree & Cranberry Relish."  So check out these recipes and help spread the word about my food blog.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment