Tuesday, July 17, 2018

It's Sweet Corn Season

We’re in “Sweet Corn” season throughout most of the country now.  It’s one of the best times of the year.  The only thing that can improve it is when the fresh tomatoes are going at the same time.

My favorite summer meal comes late in the summer but well worth waiting for each year.  For me, that meal is BLT’s with tomatoes just out of the garden and, of course, corn on the cob with butter and salt.

If that’s not your favorite, to each their own.

Fresh corn in the summer can be prepared many different ways.  Of course eating it off the cob is probably tops.  But this week and next I’ll try and give you some other great recipes to try with that fresh sweet corn.

Starting this week on Wednesday with “Cajun Creamed Corn” to try.  Then we have “Corn Chowder with Shrimp” on Thursday.

One is a side dish and the other is a meal in itself.  Be sure to give both a try.  Let me know what you think too.

Summer is going quick and so am I today.  “Happy Cooking” until next week.  Please share this link with others and give me some more feedback too.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment