Tuesday, January 2, 2018

A Couple of Glutern-Free Spaghetti Recipes

Everyone loves Italian food.  But it can be a problem for those who need to be “Gluten-Free” when eating out.  So to help make it easier for them, we have a couple of GF spaghetti recipes this week.

The major problem for GF people is the pasta part of the recipe.  There are now many different brands and choices for gluten-free pasta.  But I find many of them don’t make the grade.

In my personal experimenting, I have found the “Barilla” brand to be the best for dry GF pasta.  It is also an easy one to find as it’s distributed nationally.  My only complaint is they need to offer more variety of shapes in gluten-free.

For fresh gluten-free pasta, I have found a company out of Madison, Wisconsin by the name of RP Pasta and Company.  They even offer gf pasta sheets that work well for lasagna and manicotti.  If you are not in the surrounding states, you may need to go online to find a location near you or just order some to be shipped.

As far as pasta sauces go, if you are making it at home, just check your ingredients.  If you are looking for sauces to purchase at your local grocery store, I suggest going with the “Classico” brand.  All their sauces are GF, including the white sauces like Alfredo.

The two recipes this week are “Spaghetti and Meatballs (GF)” on Wednesday and “Spaghetti and Puttanesca Sauce (GF)” on Thursday.  I hope you try both and please give me some feedback.

I hope these will get you off to a great start of the 2018 new year.  “Happy Cooking” until next week and please share the link with others.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment