Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Cookies for the Holidays

During the "Christmas Holiday" season, seems everyone likes making and eating special cookies.  I'm no different and enjoy both the making and the eating.  I have several cookie and bar recipes in the "Desserts & Baking" recipe tab above.  They include "My Favorite Thumb Print Cookie" and "Chocolate Krinkles" which are two of my favorites.

I happen to love cherries in many different ways including fresh, dried, candied, jarred and even frozen.  In my searching for new ideas and recipes, I found two cookie recipes that involve cherries.  So  I'm sharing those with you this week.

Wednesday's recipe is for "Cherry Christmas Cookies" and use red & green candied cherries.  On Thursday, I have "Cherry Almond Snowdrops" that are rolled in powdered sugar after baking.  If you like cherries at all, I believe these will both be a big hit for you.

I'm, like most of you, busy with the "Holiday Season" and have little other time between shopping, decorating and baking.  And many other aspects of the season too.  So I'm not making this post long so you can get back to what needs to get done.  But did want to share those cherry recipes for cookies.

"Happy Cooking & Baking" until next week and please help spread my food blog to family and friends.  Thank you and these recipes work well for "Hanukkah" too which just started yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment