Tuesday, November 3, 2015

More Gluten-Free Recipes

I have a couple of "Gluten-Free" recipes for you this week.  I hope you are trying all these GF recipes I'm putting out every 4 weeks.  If you don't need them, then please pass them on to people you know that do need GF recipes for their diet.

Wednesday's recipe is for "Honey Oat Bread GF" and I'd have to say it's my favorite GF bread that I've tried or made.  Now as you can see in it's title, we have a "Red Flag" in the word "Oats."  You have to be very careful when using oats in a GF recipe.  Not all oats are gluten-free.  So you need to make sure that you are using "Certified Gluten-Free Oats" in any of your recipes.

Another important piece of knowledge for any of your GF baking is make sure the product has completely cooled before slicing.  If it is still warm, it just seems to glob up for lack of a better word to describe it as you are slicing the product.

GF baked goods don't last real long either.  They have a short shelf life as a fresh product.  If you're not going to consume it within 24 hours, freeze it as soon as it has completely cooled down.  Even then, I'd not keep product longer than 30 days in the freezer.

On Thursday I have a recipe for "Homemade Mac & Cheese GF" which was a big hit with my blog assistants.  Both are on GF diets and loved the mac & cheese right out of the pan.  While the adults preferred the baked version better.  The nice thing, this recipe works for both ways of making it.

But I did find that the type of GF pasta you use has a great influence on the outcome.  I'm sticking with the brand "BiAglut" which is made in Italy.  It is owned by J. C. Heinz and is hard to find in the USA.  My suggestion is to order it online.

It doesn't have rice as an ingredient and I'm fine with that.  I've not been pleased with any of the rice based pasta products I've tried.

Don't use this product if you have a peanut allergy.  It does contain "Lupin Flour and Proteins."

Well, "Happy Cooking" until next week and please share my link.  There are many tasty recipes on "Cabana Boy Cooks" and some good information for new and inexperienced cooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment