Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Latest Cookbook Update

I've heard back from the "final proof" editors on the mistakes I found in that proof.  All but 2 were approved and were to be corrected.  The 2 that were not approved happened to be the same line in two different locations in the cookbook.  I had asked them to delete a word and it was decided that it should stay.  It was the correct decision.

They then sent me a pdf file of the cookbook to check that all the changes had been made.  I found 3 that were not and notified my layout editor about them.  He also sent instructions for me to now put the page number for each recipe in the recipe index at the back of the cookbook.

I have finished that up and returned the file.  I will now receive a final pdf file to review and then sign off on.  Once they receive the signed form,  I'll be turned over to the marketing department.  The marketing group will be the final step to releasing the cookbook.

It will take a few months, I'm told, to get everything in place with marketing and distribution.  This will be another learning curve for me and I'm excited to get started.

I know some time back, I wrote about the book writing and publishing process.  As I'm coming to the end of the process to get a book written and published, it amazes me how much patience one needs.  Don't get me wrong, I have loved the whole project.  And, in fact, I'm so looking forward to what comes after the cookbook has been released.  It will be another new adventure for me.

Remember what I always say, "Life is too short not to have fun and enjoy it."  I am having fun and certainly enjoying it.

This week we are going to talk "Turkey" and it's not just for Thanksgiving.  Friday's recipe is for turkey pot pie.  Even though the President of the United States said something like "When you have to eat your peas, you have to eat your peas."  My pot pie doesn't have any peas, because I don't like them.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment